Some epic gaming weeks were had with Russian Railroads and Gravwell. Highlights include going to Free RPG Day at Dice Age Games and getting a free Shadowrun campaign. We also enjoyed playing Russian Railroads with our gaming group.
- First time playing, 4 player, 3 hour game session
- Classic worker placement with a train theme
- Our friend got way ahead, beat us by 100 points, he had the right strategy from the start
- Played 2 player as well, which uses a different board. Games tend to be closer in points.
- Will play again, one of the best worker placements we own.
Power Grid: First Sparks
- First time playing, 3 player, 1 hour game session
- Light Euro game that I really enjoyed
- By the same designer from Friday, and had some of the same components which was awesome
- Definitely a great gateway game into the genre
- First time playing, 2 player, 30 min game session
- Demoed at our local game store, had heard great reviews about it
- Surprised us how good it was, for how short and light it is
- Put it on our wish list and will be getting it soon
Lewis and Clark
- Second time playing, 4 player, 2.5 hour game session
- Felt a bit easier this time as I tried to buy more cards
- Still very hard to plan and game is unforgiving
- Want to try solo variant soon
- Played many times over the course of these weeks, with 2, 3 and 4 players
- I don’t enjoy Splendor as much after playing it more, but possibly played it too many times in one week
- The components are still awesome, best part of the game
Marvel Dice Masters
- Longest Dice Masters game ever, took 1.5 hours
- We both picked very defensive heroes, so the game took much longer than it should have
- I love my new dice bags which I got from my local game store.
- Dice Masters isn’t our favorite game but it’s fun to break out and roll some dice!
- Been doing team play recently with our game group
- Teams even 2v2 is quite fun and adds to the replay value of the game