Combining the past two weeks since it’s been so long since I’ve written! Great gaming has been had in the past two weeks, and a big highlight was playing games at our local board game shop during our anniversary celebration weekend.
- First time playing, 2P, 30 min game time
- Demoed this at our local board game shop as we’d heard raving reviews about it
- Did not disappoint, we ordered our own copy that day, since the shop was sold out
- We’ve played a few more times since then, and my favorite thing has got to be the component tokens. So high quality
- I expect this game to be present at many board game nights to come.
Council of Verona
- First time playing, 4P, 10 min game time
- Introduced this to a game night with some new friends.
- Quick microgame that has more strategy that Love Letter, which makes it quite enjoyable
- Will play it again, especially as it’s so easy to travel with
Ghosts Love Candy
- First time playing, 6P, 30 min game time
- On Kickstarter right now, cute and fun game
- The ghosts aren’t quite the theme I usually enjoy, but as it was more cartoony, it was fun
- Don’t hesitate to pick it up on Kickstarter if you’re interested!
Lewis and Clark
- First Time playing, 2P, 2 hour game
- This game was much heavier that I realized, and so far has giving me a splitting headache every time I play it
- Highly strategic and very unforgiving
- Becoming more fun over time as I play, but still not nearly as enjoyable as Terra Mystica
- Will play it again, if only just to understand it more.
Sentinels of the Multiverse
- 2 Player Games, 1 hour games
- Played twice this week and lost both times!
- Still enjoy Sentinels, and hope to play more in the future.
- Wanting to pick up more expansions, but waiting until we’ve beaten all the villains.
Edge of Empire RPG
- Played for the first time in a couple months
- As usual, it was very fun, everyone really getting into the theme and campaign
- Hoping to pick of the Age of Rebellion core book when it comes out
- Will start Age of Rebellion in the fall, after one of our gaming group goes off to college.
- First time playing with 5 players, 2.5 hours game play
- Wow, five player is intense! People getting blocked left and right
- Definitely harder to plan ahead and some factions (Giants or Nomads) have a distinct advantage with that many players
- Will stick to 2-4 players next time, 5P was a little too much.