It was a great gaming week especially with the introduction of Marvel Dice Masters into our game library. Another highlight was beating Friday: A Solo Adventure on easy level.
Marvel Dice Masters
- First time playing, 2 Player, 20 min game sessions
- Was very pleased to find a starter set in Fred Meyer
- Since then, have bought 26 boosters and plan on buying more to provide more options in the game.
- Really fun combat dice game, awesome theme, only downside is people are having a hard time finding starter sets
- Will continue to play as it’s becoming one of our favorite 2 player only games
Lords of Waterdeep w/Skullport expansion
- Second time playing w/expansion, 3 player, 3 hour game session
- I love Lords of Waterdeep, but the expansion does make it a much longer game.
- We did play without mandatory quests, which does help speed up the game
- While the expansion adds a lot of depth, it also adds a significant increase in game time and each turn can take quite awhile.
- May play again with expansions, but actually prefer the base game
- Fifth time playing, 3 player, 1 hour game session
- We took out heavy attack cards and cards that make scoring difficult
- It was a very enjoyable game session, everyone played quickly and efficiently.
- The game came down to just 1-2 points between us all, which is basically a wash since so much scoring happens during the game
- Will play again, may get an expansion soon.
Star Wars: the Card Game
- 10th time playing, 2 player, 1 hour game session
- I played Dark Side and started dominating from the start, by the time the LS got powerful cards, it was too late the save the game
- Our light side deck is too weak and needs some definite work
- While the theme is awesome, we prefer Dice Masters now with 2 player combat games
- Will play again, but need to work on our decks.
Friday: A Solo Adventure
- First time playing, 1 player, 30 min game session
- Picked this up at my board game shop as I’ve heard raving reviews about it
- Very challenging and fun solo player game!
- Only have beaten one game so far on easy level
- Will play again and start moving up the difficulty levels.